If you are the type of person who likes to travel the world and visit exotic places, then international house sitting abroad might be for you. If it doesn’t bother you to live in someone else’s house to take care of their everyday tasks such as watering their plants and feeding their pets, then this could be a great way for you to see the world. An advantage of international house sitting abroad is that it allows you enough time to enjoy a new culture, get to know the locals, and to learn new customs at a much lower cost than if you were to rent a hotel room.
You can learn how to become an international house sitter by getting on the internet and researching house sitting websites. You could start your research by following these seven guidelines:
- Read interviews and testimonials of people who have experienced internationally house sitting.
- Figure out how people have turned a curiosity into an international experience.
- Learn how people have turned international house sitting abroad into a full-time job. There are people who have been caring for private residences in Oahu, New Zealand, and other exotic places owned by billionaires.
- Spend some time researching “The Caretaker Gazette.” Subscribe to this highly respected publication to get advice on how to contact people who are looking for sitters and how to avoid making mistakes while finding a place to work.
- Visit a website that offers links to house sitting opportunities.
- Write a resume and post it on a respectable site. Be as detailed as possible; state whether you have extensive training in caring for animals or whether you are an award-winning gardener. If your qualifications match a person’s needs, you are likely to get the position.
- Apply for jobs that may be appealing to you. Be very personable in your applications as many people in this industry consider sitters to be an extended part of the family. Consider positions that are relevant to your interests and skills.
Start looking for your first position as an international house sitter abroad today and begin visiting exotic new places all around the world.